The Official Web Site of the Pittsburgh Penguins
Pittsburgh Penguins Message Board

CONSOL Energy Center CONSOL ENERGY PNC Wealth Management UPMC FedEx Ground Verizon Dick's Sporting Goods 84 Lumber American Eagle Outfitters Highmark
" "
The Official Web Site of the Pittsburgh Penguins
Pittsburgh Penguins Message Board

Photo

So sick of the caps...

• Please log in to reply
5385 replies to this topic

#1 MikeLegacy

MikeLegacy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

Getting their way into the playoffs because they are in an easy division. They should be down and OUT this year, but with the Jets collapsing, they are inching their way into the playoffs, where they wouldn't even make it had it not been for their terrible division. 

They would have made it for the past few years regardless, but that doesn't really make up for the fact that they are playing bad teams more than any others. Most of their division continues to dwell from 13-15 many years.

Hate the way ranking works in sports. Most points should make the playoffs. Period. 

That's my rant, sorry. 

#2 JRS91

JRS91

Why People Hate the Pens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,384 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Ovechkin has been carrying them.

#3 denislemieux-1

denislemieux-1

Opinions can, in fact, be wrong.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,739 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Getting their way into the playoffs because they are in an easy division. They should be down and OUT this year, but with the Jets collapsing, they are inching their way into the playoffs, where they wouldn't even make it had it not been for their terrible division. 

They would have made it for the past few years regardless, but that doesn't really make up for the fact that they are playing bad teams more than any others. Most of their division continues to dwell from 13-15 many years.

Even the Stanley cup winning Lightning & Canes of the last 8 years? 

More cups have been won in that time from the Southeast than the Atlantic.

It's only October!

#4 hellawaits77

hellawaits77

Opinions

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

You pretty much just solved it for yourself.  They're in the SE division.  They've won 1, seriously 1, game against current Top 8 teams, and ZERO in regulation. 

They're coming along and improving, but there's no need to worry about them.

#5 denislemieux-1

denislemieux-1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,739 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

Yep.  Worry alot more about the Flyers.  If they get the 8 seed, Penguins are out in the first round.  Write it down.

It's only October!

#6 Darknessdescends

Darknessdescends

Strange days ahead!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

You pretty much just solved it for yourself.  They're in the SE division.  They've won 1, seriously 1, game against current Top 8 teams, and ZERO in regulation. 

LOL That's crazy talk, teams that are playing well at the time the playoffs start are very dangerous, see the LA Kings last year. The caps will win their first round series, you'll see, like.

If you're not cheating, you're not trying! - Larry Murphy

Win if you can, lose if you must, but ALWAYS try and cheat! - Ken Patera

The Horn blows but does the driver? Hey now!

If you can't play with the big dogs, stay the hell on the porch!

T.G.T.E.P

#7 Darknessdescends

Darknessdescends

Strange days ahead!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Yep.  Worry alot more about the Flyers.  If they get the 8 seed, Penguins are out in the first round.  Write it down.

Not this time, even if we play them (provided we are healthy of course) we'll win in five. DB modified the system a bit and our goaltending is better.

T.G.T.E.P

#8 hellawaits77

hellawaits77

Opinions

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

Word.  Been saying that all year.  We simply can't beat that team in a 7-game series.  Especially when we're as injured as we currently are. 

LOL That's crazy talk, teams that are playing well at the time the playoffs start are very dangerous, see the LA Kings last year. The caps will win their first round series, you'll see, like.

Beating SE division teams doesn't impress me.  Beat MTL, Boston, Pittsburgh, Toronto, etc a few times, then I'll be impressed.  But if they draw Ottawa in the 1st round, they'll probably win.  Might be able to beat Toronto, too.  Don't see them beating anyone else. 

Not this time, even if we play them (provided we are healthy of course) we'll win in five. DB modified the system a bit and our goaltending is better.

That ain't no matter, muh friend.  It's not their talent or system (or ours) that worries me.  We can't walk away from their BS consistently.  We'll take stupid retalitory penalties, and they ALWAYS score on our PK.

#9 JRS91

JRS91

Why People Hate the Pens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,384 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

The Flyers know how to play against us. They get us off our game more and better than any other team in the league. 

#10 Lunchbox66

Lunchbox66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationOttawa Valley

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

My hate for the Caps left a couple years ago when Ovi went off the roids and started sucking.  I guess he found a new supplier.  I really don't want to debate the Crosby vs Ovi conversation anymore with Caps fans.

As for that crappy division, though I love Stamkos, he's benefited point wise also playing there.  They better get it while they can cuz thats it after this season !!!

WTF has happened to the Canes, is it just the loss of Ward I don't know but their just terrible now.

#11 denislemieux-1

denislemieux-1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,739 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

That ain't no matter, muh friend.  It's not their talent or system (or ours) that worries me.  We can't walk away from their BS consistently.  We'll take stupid retalitory penalties, and they ALWAYS score on our PK.

Yep.  And when it comes to coaching Peter Lav is on another level above Bylsma.

It's only October!

#12 JRS91

JRS91

Why People Hate the Pens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,384 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

Jordan Staal is their second line center, what more needs to be said?

#13 achingknees

achingknees

Let's Go Pens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

What happens, happens.  All we can do is go out there and play our game and give it our all.  Too many variables to worry about, who gets in, the match ups, the injuries.  At this point, there are never any guarantees, looking what has happened to this team in the last 10 days proves that.  Clearly lady luck hasn't been on our side these last few seasons, hopefully other players start stepping up again, just like they had during that 15 game winning streak.  First and foremost, these guys have to want it and be willing to give it all they've got to get it.

#14 McFleury-29

McFleury-29

All Hope Is Gone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • LocationThe Northern Wilderness

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

The Penguins aren't exactly a lock for the 1 seed.  In fact, with all these injuries, I think the 2 seed is probably more likely.

h575LI4.gif

#15 denislemieux-1

denislemieux-1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,739 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

The Penguins aren't exactly a lock for the 1 seed.  In fact, with all these injuries, I think the 2 seed is probably more likely.

:o

It's only October!

#16 dlols64

dlols64

pretty good at stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,825 posts
  • Locationsome wear with ur gurl lol

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

I never really understood the hate for the Capitals by Penguins fans. Other than Ovi's knee to knee on Gonchar they haven't really rustled many jimmies.

I hope Ovi wins the Rocket, I hope Sid comes back and wins the Art Ross but I hope Ovi climbs his way past Stamkos and into 2nd.

Ovi is good for the NHL, he is far more interesting than Stamkos and is half the jag-off that Giroux is.

The rivalry between he and Sid is healthy and fun if you ask me...

I watch a lot of chick flicks.

#17 DOZ

DOZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,984 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

The rivalry between he and Sid is healthy and fun if you ask me...

I think its safe to say that is what caused all the Caps hate. Caps fans already hated the Pens because of all the times we've knocked them out of the playoffs. But the Sid-Ovie thing really escalated the hate on both sides.  

#18 DOZ

DOZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,984 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

As for the talk about the Flyers beating the Penguins if the two teams meet. I know the Flyers know how to get inside the Pens' heads, which does worry me a little. But I think it helps that we beat them in 3 out of 4 games this year. Last year I think they beat us in 4 out of 6. So just knowing we can beat them  should help.

#19 WizardofSid

WizardofSid

Expert Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,454 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

WTF has happened to the Canes, is it just the loss of Ward I don't know but their just terrible now.

G - Cam Ward got hurt in early march and was to miss 6-8 weeks.

D - Faulk has a sprained MCl (out since march 20th)

D - Pitkanen missed 13 games and will miss rest of the regular season with heel injury.

#20 Darknessdescends

Darknessdescends

Strange days ahead!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

I agree.

T.G.T.E.P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users