Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google
The Official Web Site of the Pittsburgh Penguins
Pens e-News Service Twitter Icon Facebook Icon SMS Icon Pens Mobile App Icon PensTV Icon YouTube Icon Pinterest Icon Pens e-News Service
Pittsburgh Penguins Message Board

CONSOL Energy Center CONSOL ENERGY PNC Wealth Management UPMC FedEx Ground Verizon Dick's Sporting Goods 84 Lumber American Eagle Outfitters Highmark
Pens e-News Service Twitter Icon Facebook Icon SMS Icon Pens Mobile App Icon PensTV Icon YouTube Icon Pinterest Icon Pens e-News Service
Pittsburgh Penguins Message Board

Photo

Team USA to be coached by Bylsma in Sochi

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#1 M_i_B

M_i_B

Awful Moderator

• Moderators
  • 12,801 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:33 PM

http://www.usatoday....-coach/2466357/

Shero is assistant GM.

#2 Skillman

Skillman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

Good news for Canada!

On the Penguins bandwagon for 30+ years...Howard Stern Superfan 

#3 TraceP38

TraceP38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

Congrats to Ray and Dan

Ehrhoff    ($4M)       9gm   0G   3A   +6

Nisky    ($5.75M)        9gm   0G   3A    +1

#4 appen2

appen2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

Good news for Canada!

Best comment to a post EVER :lol: :lol:

#5 edzo8

edzo8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:34 PM

Congrats to them both.  

Every time Malkin gets an assist, a little angel dies.

#6 Reijo

Reijo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

He'll start Ryan Miller over Quick and play Phil Kessel on the left wing.

#7 soulcrusher

soulcrusher

The Board Music Snob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

Good news for Canada!

Considering how weak the goaltending is going to be for Canada that is a good thing.

Dogs of the Soul Crusher pulling closer like the blue steel jaws of hell.

I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

I hate every ape I see from chimpan-a to chimpan-zee.

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away. They’re privileges. That’s all we’ve ever had in this country, is a bill of temporary privileges.

#8 allhailwesttx

allhailwesttx

Paints nails for a living

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

I hope they are ready to grind some Norwegians down. 

#9 Beech_4_Jagr

Beech_4_Jagr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

lol how are people still fooled by this joke

they might as well have gotten bruce boudreau to help them not win a medal at least he would have been fun to watch

#10 hellawaits77

hellawaits77

Opinions

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

Hope the players are ready for stretch passes and leaving their goalie out to dry.

It's sad how people think this guy is a good coach.

#11 BabyPens717

BabyPens717

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:18 AM

I'm sure they'll run the gauntlet then until it gets to the elimination rounds...then it's one and done. Two if they're lucky.

Beat me to it....I was going to say they'll dominate the opening rounds but when it comes down to medal play they'll get dominated by Sweden.  

#12 Loney

Loney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

Hope the players are ready for stretch passes and leaving their goalie out to dry.

It's sad how people think this guy is a good coach.

and non-stop passing/perimeter shooting

Posted Image

#13 M_i_B

M_i_B

Awful Moderator

• Moderators
  • 12,801 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

lol how are people still fooled by this joke

they might as well have gotten bruce boudreau to help them not win a medal at least he would have been fun to watch

Because he's a really good coach.  The only "fools" are the ones who stick to some nonsense agenda.

#14 Beech_4_Jagr

Beech_4_Jagr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

Because he's a really good coach.  The only "fools" are the ones who stick to some nonsense agenda.

lol

#15 Reijo

Reijo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

Did you watch the Stanley Cup Finals?  

The Blackhawks were getting shut down by the Bruins defense and Rask in games 2 and 3 very much like what happened to the Penguins and it looked for all the world like Boston was going to win the Cup in 5 games, maybe 6 if Chicago could pull one out in OT.  

But then a funny thing happened.  The Hawks made a couple of very noticeable tactical adjustments in the way they were attacking the Bruins defense.  Suddenly they started scoring again and never lost another game.  

That's what coaching does for you in the playoffs.

#16 Beech_4_Jagr

Beech_4_Jagr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

luckily for dan he doesnt have the play against the same team in a series in the olympics so he wont be forced not to know how to make game to game adjustments

if he has to play the same team twice there is no way they are beating them the second time unless its someone like germany 

#17 huusko26

huusko26

Puzzled by the fact that DB hasn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

So it cpould be Malkin vs. Crosby, Malkin va. Bylsma and Crosby va. Bylsma ... not sure if this is good for the Penguins, but it'll be fun to watch when Crosby and Malkin tell their coaches how to get turnovers from long stretch passes by US-players.
A mere 7 on Whitney's account. Stupid purse! :angry:

#18 Loney

Loney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

So it cpould be Malkin vs. Crosby, Malkin va. Bylsma and Crosby va. Bylsma ... not sure if this is good for the Penguins, but it'll be fun to watch when Crosby and Malkin tell their coaches how to get turnovers from long stretch passes by US-players.

:lol:

Posted Image

#19 Glasshouse

Glasshouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

Did you watch the Stanley Cup Finals?  

The Blackhawks were getting shut down by the Bruins defense and Rask in games 2 and 3 very much like what happened to the Penguins and it looked for all the world like Boston was going to win the Cup in 5 games, maybe 6 if Chicago could pull one out in OT.  

But then a funny thing happened.  The Hawks made a couple of very noticeable tactical adjustments in the way they were attacking the Bruins defense.  Suddenly they started scoring again and never lost another game.  

That's what coaching does for you in the playoffs.

Game 6 is a prime example, when you score 2 goals in a span of 17 seconds in the third period of a cup deciding game, that has so little to do with the coaches system and so much more to do with player performance. Even with these "noticeable tactical adjustments" The Hawks still barely won that series. 6-5 in OT, 2-1 + empty netter in game 5, 3-2  with a Leaf like collapse in game 6. By no means did Quenneville shift the series, It was a tightly contested series that realistically could have went either way. Also coached by two great coaches who are both 1. Not American, and 2. Not available to replace Dan Bylsma. 

If Iginla and Morrow were about 3 years younger i think they could have been difference makers, but overall Boston was just the deeper team, and Rask was a stand out. (and much more deserving of the Conn Smythe than Patty Kane). If you want to pin it on something pin it on that.

#20 vice1984

vice1984

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

Team USA to be outcoached with Bylsma in Sochi sounds better.

CONSOL Energy Center CONSOL ENERGY PNC Wealth Management UPMC FedEx Ground Verizon Dick's Sporting Goods 84 Lumber American Eagle Outfitters Highmark