The Official Web Site of the Pittsburgh Penguins
Pittsburgh Penguins Message Board

CONSOL Energy Center CONSOL ENERGY PNC Wealth Management UPMC FedEx Ground Verizon Dick's Sporting Goods 84 Lumber American Eagle Outfitters Highmark
" "
The Official Web Site of the Pittsburgh Penguins
Pittsburgh Penguins Message Board

Photo

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs Eastern Conference Final: Game 4 - Pittsburgh Penguins @ Ottawa Senators (2017-05-19 - 20:00)

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#221 Badger_Bob

Badger_Bob

Saw is No.1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,329 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:43 PM

Exactly!

There's a good chance she'll file a restraining order.

"It's A Great Day For Hockey!!!"

Shut up kyl.

#222 DOZ

DOZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:47 PM

There's a good chance she'll file a restraining order.

Meh, I'm sure Coop can recommend a good lawyer for that.

#223 Stanislav21

Stanislav21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:48 PM

I should be happy with the win, but I have to admit that the reffing has me pretty annoyed.  If they get even half the calls right, this game isn't close.

Still and all, returning home with the 2-2 series lead is good.

Well, it's a cup.  With dirt in it.  I call it "cup of dirt".

#224 Coop-Cooper

Coop-Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationBeers Garden

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:53 PM

Meh, I'm sure Coop can recommend a good lawyer for that.

On speed dial, bro.

"Dude!"

#225 MarcAndresFury

MarcAndresFury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:54 PM

Hey Fury, did the farting work?

You tell me

#226 FlippinUnreal

FlippinUnreal

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:56 PM

I should be happy with the win, but I have to admit that the reffing has me pretty annoyed.  If they get even half the calls right, this game isn't close.

I see what you did there.

Andrew Ebbett continues to lead the Swiss National A league as of 11-19-17

#227 MarcAndresFury

MarcAndresFury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:56 PM

If the Sens power play was better than five wheel barrows full of monkey crap, it would not be a 2-2 series

#228 Stanislav21

Stanislav21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:17 PM

So nobody here is starting Fleury in Game 5?

I didn't think the choice was that obvious.

#229 Coop-Cooper

Coop-Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationBeers Garden

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:24 PM

Empty net.

"Dude!"

#230 Stanislav21

Stanislav21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:32 PM

Empty net.

You idiot.  How are you going to keep Hainsey from kicking the puck into his own net??

[Edit:  Having thought about it, it would've been funnier if I had said "Letang" instead of "Hainsey".]

#231 odiumutis

odiumutis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:02 AM

LOL@ Rossi getting hammered on Twitter for this Tweet:

:lol:

You can click on his name in that quote box and it's a link to his Tweeter page.

How does this maroon still have a job in this town?   Although I use the word "job" very loosely.  

Rossi is an idiot, we knew that for ages. He will s*** Shero's, Bylsma's, MAF's and Sid's ***** for ages.

I don't agree with the goalie switch. MAF carried them this far. He had a bad game, but he can bounce back. Murray hasn't played in what a month? Hopefully he gets right up to speed.

The move was risky, but paid the dividends. Sure, it's hard for MAF now - one bad game, and you're out, but damn it - I'm much more confident seeing Murray in game than MAF. Murray's calmness is all that matter - I already see MAF in those first minutes going chaotic from post-to-post, or in the last minute, being nervous on Karlson's shots. But Murray, all calm, looking those saves easy. I bet Sully sees him the same way.

With the line-up moves Sullivan looks like a genius now. Loved Wilson on the second line and his hard checking game. Rowney looks like a beast to me - plays hard, with confidence. He could land some confidence for Sheary as well, cause the shot he made on that breakaway - well, it tells everything about his status right now: weak, bad choice and without inspiration.

I thought the first two periods were really good and the team dictated the game. In the third, the rhythm was lost, but still - they looked pretty confident in the game and the final result. Now, time to take game-5!

P.S.: have no idea, how high-stick and elbowing were not called on Ruhwedel situation, but let's not become like "Caps" fans...

#232 Lizard72

Lizard72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:12 AM

Rossi is an idiot, we knew that for ages. He will s*** Shero's, Bylsma's, MAF's and Sid's ***** for ages.

The move was risky, but paid the dividends. Sure, it's hard for MAF now - one bad game, and you're out, but damn it - I'm much more confident seeing Murray in game than MAF. Murray's calmness is all that matter - I already see MAF in those first minutes going chaotic from post-to-post, or in the last minute, being nervous on Karlson's shots. But Murray, all calm, looking those saves easy. I bet Sully sees him the same way.

With the line-up moves Sullivan looks like a genius now. Loved Wilson on the second line and his hard checking game. Rowney looks like a beast to me - plays hard, with confidence. He could land some confidence for Sheary as well, cause the shot he made on that breakaway - well, it tells everything about his status right now: weak, bad choice and without inspiration.

I thought the first two periods were really good and the team dictated the game. In the third, the rhythm was lost, but still - they looked pretty confident in the game and the final result. Now, time to take game-5!

P.S.: have no idea, how high-stick and elbowing were not called on Ruhwedel situation, but let's not become like "Caps" fans...

Both breakaways should have been in the back of the net.  

Sheary had more room on his though.

I won't mention the shorthanded "almost" breakaway that wasn't because of some unknown force keeping Cullen from getting through... :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

#233 odiumutis

odiumutis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:19 AM

Both breakaways should have been in the back of the net.  

Sheary had more room on his though.

Both ended the way it had to end: Kessel did not have enough of space to prepare the shot he wanted, while in Sheary's case - I don't actually consider it as the shot at all...

Anyway, no need to get into details and cry-vows - the team got the victory, and what matters most now is game 5.

#234 Badger_Bob

Badger_Bob

Saw is No.1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,329 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:40 AM

This is just great, Ruhwedel is concussed.

giphy.gif

It was a good clean hit though.  Just ask Keith Jones.

chad-ruhwedel_1gsmuseqjcxoz1pn4jt7kdx4sb

"It's A Great Day For Hockey!!!"

Shut up kyl.

#235 stonewizard51

stonewizard51

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,604 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:33 AM

Here's me when the final horn went off:

tumblr_n95pzj3LPu1qaeiy6o3_400.gif

You got some POWR MOOVES going on there.  

Edit:  Peeair wasn't happy with the officiating.  One of the few times I've ever agreed with anything he's said.

#236 FlippinUnreal

FlippinUnreal

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:59 AM

The Dancing Queen!

Andrew Ebbett continues to lead the Swiss National A league as of 11-19-17

#237 dlots_64

dlots_64

White CIS Male Deplorable Obessed w/ bholes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:14 AM

The nhl needs to change their stance on head contact if they are actually serious about player safety. Intent should have nothing to do with it. If you hit a guy in the head it should be 5 minutes, if you do it twice it should be an automatic game misconduct with a tiered suspension.

They also need to decide if interference is actually a penalty or not. It only seems to be a penalty when its conveinant and the refs are looking to even up pp chances.

This crap is getting worse every playoff. There is no reason a team like Ottawa should be this close to a scf.

#238 stonewizard51

stonewizard51

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,604 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:05 AM

The nhl needs to change their stance on head contact if they are actually serious about player safety. Intent should have nothing to do with it. If you hit a guy in the head it should be 5 minutes, if you do it twice it should be an automatic game misconduct with a tiered suspension.

They also need to decide if interference is actually a penalty or not. It only seems to be a penalty when its conveinant and the refs are looking to even up pp chances.

This crap is getting worse every playoff. There is no reason a team like Ottawa should be this close to a scf.

Jones and Roenick were foaming at the mouth again with the legal hit crap.  He kept his arm tight to his side and it was a good hard,clean, legal hit. 

I don't give a sheet if his arm was tight against his body.  He lunged into Ruhwedel and targeted the head.  That's not even counting the high stick right before the hit.  That's twice it's happened in this series resulting in 2 guys with concussions from "clean, hard, legal" shots to the head.  Oh yeah and Cole gets the penalty for sticking up for Ruhwedel.  You're right.  It's getting worse.

Note to the Refs:  Start calling the game as it needs to be called and this s**t stops.  A physical game is one thing.  Outright intent to injure is another.

#239 Lizard72

Lizard72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:00 PM

Jones and Roenick were foaming at the mouth again with the legal hit crap.  He kept his arm tight to his side and it was a good hard,clean, legal hit. 

I don't give a sheet if his arm was tight against his body.  He lunged into Ruhwedel and targeted the head.  That's not even counting the high stick right before the hit.  That's twice it's happened in this series resulting in 2 guys with concussions from "clean, hard, legal" shots to the head.  Oh yeah and Cole gets the penalty for sticking up for Ruhwedel.  You're right.  It's getting worse.

Note to the Refs:  Start calling the game as it needs to be called and this s**t stops.  A physical game is one thing.  Outright intent to injure is another.

It's constantly going for the head....

Even the penalty they called on for roughing on Crosby was a head grab, while Sheary is getting punched in the head and elbowed with no call!

#240 BuffaloKnight

BuffaloKnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:59 AM

Nancy Wilson = Best Female Rock Guitarist

GO PENS!!!

Am I "Crazy on You" with "These Dreams", my "Barracuda"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users